Thursday, October 14, 2010

My life's purpose

I was in my deep slumber last night when out of nowhere I got awake at 4 am with the fearful thought that I might lose Reuel in my life.  I cuddled him tightly and I told him in between my tears how much I love him.  And that I am very thankful that he is in my life.  I put on him a blanket to keep him warm and I checked if he was ok (because it seems that he will be having an asthma attack after we got home from last Sunday’s evening service).  I checked the kids too in their room and I was relieved that they’re sleeping soundly.   Then I returned into bed and with tears, I say a little prayer to the Lord to spare Reuel and my kids from my iniquities and shortcomings as a Christian.
---
As I am praying, the preaching from last Sunday night’s service flashed back.  It maybe because I was greatly moved by what the missionary preacher from Vietnam had said that many Christians do not believe that hell does exists.  According to him, if we really believe in hell’s existence, we might have the compassion to share the gospel with our loved ones instead of lingering on our comfort zone.  As he was saying this, I remember my family and friends that I haven’t shared the gospel with.  I also recalled the video from YouTube.com about the reenacted events of a tormented person in hell blaming his friend, who is a Christian, because the latter did not share the gospel.  Here is the video of that:
----
Yes, my dear friend, Hell does EXIST!  Hell is a place wherein, every soul is experiencing intense pain especially mental pain because the memory which they rejected the gospel retains.  The place called “HELL” was described by Jesus Christ in the book of Mark, which is:
----
Mark 9:47-48 KJV:
"And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched."
---
It was also described by Jesus Christ through the story of the rich man and Lazarus. Let us read the whole story which is in the book of Luke.
---
Luke 16:19-31 KJV:
“There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.”
--- 
This is the reason Jesus Christ died for us, to redeem us from the eternal damnation in hell.  When the first people, Adam and Eve, commits the first sin which is disobedience, every man comes short of the glory of God.  This is written in the Bible.
---
Romans 3:23 KJV:
“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”
--- 
So God the father sent his only begotten son, Jesus Christ as the ultimate sacrifice for our sins and the only way to His kingdom in heaven.  And whoever faithfully believes in Him shall not perish.
---
John 14:6 KJV:
“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
-
John 3:16 KJV:
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
---
Contrary to what the world teaches us that good works can save us.  The Bible has something written about this. 
----
Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV:
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
---
I hope that through this writing, I have imparted the good news which is the gospel of Jesus Christ.---
Good morning everyone! J

No comments:

Search the web...