Tuesday, October 14, 2008

About World Mission

I'm inspired with the preaching’s of Missionary-Pastor Quidez last Sunday (evening service) about World Mission. As quoted from him, "If the mission fails, the problem is the missionary." His recent mission proves that God really works on the fulfillment of His work. With only US $3,000 spending money at hand, who would know that a total stranger survives for 3 months on a foreign land? Without strong faith to the Lord, he might not go on because the house rent is US $3,000, just exactly the amount he had. But with the grace of God, he was able to preach the gospel to the four local families who eventually accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. In this scenario, we can see how truthful the word of God as it was written in the book of Romans by apostle Paul which says:

Rom 8:28 (KJV):
“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”

Can you imagine the owner (which he didn’t ever met personally) of the condominium where he resided allows him to occupy the unit for free and offered him to pay his electric bills.

I now begin to ponder how I am going to do my share. And yes, it's been 2 years since I become a member of Lighthouse Bible Baptist Church (LBBC) with no lost soul has won. I don't know why I can't start winning a soul, maybe there's always this fear in me, a fear of rejection when I want to do it. Or maybe I just don’t know where and how to start. Or perhaps, I am just too reluctant to do it. I really do not know the answer to my question. All I know is I'm baffled on my own difficulties, which prevents me to do what I am supposed to do as a Christian.

At this time, we're fulfilling our commitment of ourselves to God. I suppose, one step at a time is better than nothing at all. Thus, I pledge to share the gospel every week through this medium.


So much for that, here's the message:

The guiding verse of last Sunday's preaching is from John 3:16 (KJV) which says:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

It says, For God so loved the world, not just one particular place on earth but the whole wide world as Missy Quidez said. What does it mean? It just simply refers to carrying out the great commission to the whole world so that everyone will know that the Lord Jesus Christ is the only one who can saves us from eternal damnation. The great commission is commanded by our Lord Jesus Christ himself to his church as it is written in the book of Matthew 28:18-20 (KJV):
"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

Therefore, the great commission comprises:

1. Evangelism (teach all nations,…)
2. Baptism (baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost…)
3. Discipleship (teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you…)

World Mission involves the following to achieve a positive outcome:

1. It involves GOD.
God is involved in fulfilling the great commission as the Lord Jesus Christ has promised after he commanded it – “…lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world…” Of course, it is impossible to do it on our own but with God the impossible become possible.

2. It involves our Heart.
Now, this is where I really feel guilty. Without a pure and eager heart to win a lost soul, you cannot execute the great commission. I remember Reuel once said, that you don't really have to be good with the Bible, you just have to trust Him that you can do soul-winning and have the courage to do it and let the Holy Spirit works in you. Sounds easy eh? But it takes faith to do it.

3. It involves leaving your comfort zone behind.

It is a man's nature to dwell on a comfy place. In the book of Exodus, Moses and the Israelites took a 40-year journey to the promise land when in fact they could have only taken a week to go there. Wanna know the reason? Israelites wanted to stay whenever they found the place is safe and comfortable to start a living even though God told them that they should go to the promise land. Same is true to our time today; we rather stay unruffled in our home instead of attending the church service, serving the Lord and spreading the gospel to everyone. Just think of this and you will be blessed: Our Lord Jesus Christ leaves His comfortable place in heaven just to redeem us from our sins.

4. It involves giving only the best.

“Giving the best” means everything we give unto the Lord must be without blemish. During early times, Israelites gave sacrifices (which were the best of lambs, calves and oxen they have) just to honor God. Surely, we don't sacrifice lambs anymore. What we sacrifice today is ourselves and our very model is our Lord Jesus Christ who freely gave His life for us. As He has no blemish in the sight of God, we should also be without blemish in the eyes of the Lord as we present ourselves as living sacrifice. But the question is how? We only need to have a pure and sincere heart as the Lord look at the heart. Let us look at Romans 12:1 (KJV):
"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service."

5. It involves vision.
You may ask, "Why am I doing what I am doing?” The answer is simple, because it is for the glory of GOD. The book of Proverbs tells us:

Proverbs 29:18 (KJV):

“Where there is no vision, the people perish…”

6. It involves eternity.
Back to the guiding verse, "...that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life…" is the fact that tells us we have an everlasting life with our Lord. It is our blessed hope as the Bible tells us on Titus 2:13 (KJV):
“Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;”

We might encounter difficult challenges in obeying the Lord to carry out the great commission but we have the blessed hope in our Lord Jesus Christ as He is also with us always as He promised.

I hope that the above message provided you great spiritual understanding as what true Christians are oblige to do. Honestly, I have a hard time doing it but I'm learning to comply slowly but genuinely now. I hope you too!


No comments:

Search the web...