Monday, October 20, 2008

A day with the grandparents

Our month-long plan to visit my parents living in Cavite took place last Saturday. We packed our things right after I’m done with the laundry and left around 12 noon.

Getting ready to leave...
We decided to drop by at Robinson's Galleria to fill up our disturbed stomach as we haven't taken our lunch yet. After eating, we immediately took a ride to Dasmariñas. Sheesh, it’s a very long trip that one would wish he could just fly to speed up the travel from one place to another. Five hours of our time were used for going there alone and another three hours going back to our home. You see, we wasted eight hours just sitting in the bus and waiting for our journey to end. I still can't imagine myself that I used to take that long-trip everyday when I was not married yet as I was working in Ortigas, Pasig City. And after the tedious trip last Saturday, I’m definitely not going to commute again to visit my parents. I will either request my sister or my brother to pick us up because the travel time can be reduced up to 50% using a private vehicle as you could take other route in lieu of EDSA.

We arrived in my parents’ house around 5pm and they’re very glad to see us especially their two grandsons which they barely see.

Picture taking with grandparents...

Granny with her three grandchildren.


Grandpa with Yuan and Gabee.


There are lots of toys and chocolates waiting for Yuan and Gabee courtesy of their grandparents and Tita Sheryl respectively.


The yummy chocolates...Thanks She and Fedie for those!



They also played ball games with their Tito Kevin (my younger brother) and Tita Aijen (my cousin).






The proud parents...


Afterwards, we pay a visit to my sister’s house which is just a few lots away. I got a chance to look around in their house (townhouse type) and it is still in a good condition and the rent is not bad for Php 3,000 per month. They prodded me to move there so that my children can enjoy good surroundings, away from air pollution and from hot ambience of our home. But I’m reluctant to live there because of the distance that would take Reuel upon going daily to his office, which is located in Libis, Quezon City. I can’t bear seeing him to suffer with the unpleasant long trip everyday. Sheryl (my sister) provided brownies and fresh milk for our merienda (afternoon snack).

Kirsten Joi (Tintin) is watching Barney here, that's why...


After Tintin, the mother...They can't be a good model..aren't they?


With my niece, Tintin...



My father had prepared Tinolang Manok (Chicken Ginger Stew) using native chicken which we feasted over dinner. Oh, how I really miss that kind of food. However, I haven’t got a chance to take pictures of it because the camera battery went off. After a short rest, we headed home around 9:30 pm.

It's time to leave and say bye bye...


Though it’s a short visit to my parents, we surely had a memorable time with them especially Yuan and Gabee. If not only with the long and exhausting trip we had, I can say that it was a great day.

No comments:

Search the web...