Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Bonsai: The Art of Tray Planting

I love bonsai. How they are aesthetically shaped by these talented people is what I truly admire. I’m fascinated with how these simple plants are made to be a wonderful creation of arts. Little I know then that any trees or plants can be made as bonsai. Just like the sampaloc tree (tamarind tree) in the picture which was taken to practice my skills in photography (I'm a lousy photographer).
--

(a bonsai tamarind tree)


(another bonsai)

(top view of bonsai taken by hubby)

Can you see the wires on the branches to form the shape that the designer wants to attain? It’s really artistic!
--
updated (11/28/08):
--
I've seen a video on how to make a bonsai tree in the Youtube.


It seems easy but I don’t think I can do it without destroying the plant.

2 comments:

Heart of Rachel said...

I admire the beauty of Bonsai plants. I remember going to a garden in Intramuros and seeing so many beautiful Bonsai plants.

Michelle said...

Hi Rachel,

I have an unforgettable memory in Intramuros. Funny, I’ve been there (6 or 8 years ago) but I didn’t notice the bonsai plants. Maybe I should visit Intramuros again.

Search the web...