Monday, November 10, 2008

For good breath

I have discovered something that I think I should share with you. I discovered Dentiste’ Plus White toothpaste in the supermarket a couple of months ago, which promise to take away bad morning breath. I’m a bit hesitant to try it out at first because it’s a little pricey for a new product and I’m not sure then if the sales agent is just doing a sales pitch on us. But we tried it anyway and I’m glad we did. The Dentiste’ toothpaste really removes the bad morning breath. And the good thing is; all the ingredients are natural which includes some herbs. It does not have fluoride which has some negative effect on our teeth if used in excessive amount.



It’s ingredients are (as indicated in the pack): Xylitol, silicone dioxide, peppermint oil, clove oil, menthol, vitamin C, eucalyptus oil, sage extract, chamomile extract(1), fennel extract, glycyrrhiza extract and cinnamon bark extract. According to Wikipedia Xylitol was derived from Birch tree and used as a safe sweetener for people with diabetes. And based on the pamphlet that goes along with the toothpaste, the xylitol is a natural sweetener and sugar substitute, which bacteria can’t feed on so it helps decrease the growth of bacteria. This may be the reason in the decrease of bad morning breath when you use Dentiste’ toothpaste. The micro silica complex is the abrasive scrubs used for cleaning the teeth and it helps get rid off plaque without destroying your teeth’s natural enamel. The toothpaste is originated in Thailand and it has a money back guaranteed seal which I think is our protection as consumer for any false claim from the company.

I shop around at SM and Robinson’s to look for this toothpaste but unfortunately it is only available in Shopwise (we bought ours in Shopwise Libis). With around less than 200 pesos per 100 grams price, I can say that it’s worth the price. In fact, it is a good find for me because I can hardly find toothpaste nowadays that could do a complete protection for your gums and teeth without damaging your tooth enamel. I’m happy with the effect of this toothpaste and what I am hoping is that, the quality would be consistent (as I already realized that new products are just good upon release and as time goes by, the quality is slowly being diminished).

Note: This is just a product review and not an advertisement.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are really so many products nowadays that you can get dizzy after all of them being displayed in your face. I am a Colgate fan, and I have never used anything aside from that brand, but I might try this one, not for the bad morning breath because I have none, but for the protection it would give my enamel!

Michelle said...

Hi Sheng,

Your right..we have so many products in the market to choose from but we need to be aware and conscious on which gives the best and which gives our money's worth.

Heart of Rachel said...

Sounds like a good product. I'll check it out when I go to Shopwise next time. Thanks for sharing.

Michael Peligro said...

Thank you very for the information, I might try this toothpaste sometime in the future. GOD bless...

Search the web...