Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Church Outing

Our church celebrated the All Saints Day in Cableway Resort in Binangonan, Rizal. We got there around 8:30 am and started the day’s activities with a short prayer and songs of praise to the Lord. After that, two YP (young people) grouped us into four in preparation for the fun games. I wish I know the name of the games but I couldn’t remember how they called it. Anyway, all of us participated in the games which made it more exciting. Almost everyone shows their funny side during the fun games which is really amusing because you haven’t thought that they have that kind of personality. Sorry, I forgot to take pictures during the games.


Afterwards, we took our lunch together and shared our food to one another. Our packed food that day is smoked Milkfish and French toasts with ham and cheese (it is also called Monte Cristo by some).


In our church, it’s our tradition to bring foods for two families when there’s an event or occasion. All the families bring foods to share with everyone.

Lunch with Sister Susan's family...

When we had our lunch everyone hurriedly went to swimming pool especially the kids. My kids went into the pool right after the games ended. That’s how excited they are to swim. I need to convince them that they need to eat first before they could continue to swim.
Gabee jump into the swimming pool like a pro…

Can you guess who is Gabee and who is Yuan?...

In the afternoon, we celebrated Ira Prynze’s first birthday with a cake and spaghetti.


Daddy and kids taking their merienda...

Wiling away the time through picture taking...

Pastor Bong and his wife sister Joy.

Later that noon, Pastor Bong announced the winners for the fun games...

The spryness of everyone had made the activities for the day more exciting and enjoyable. And also because of the cooperation that each had given to the facilitator.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was still a very active young girl in our church, I was the one leading the praise and worship, now, I am not that active, but I still give time to God, although I seldom go to church anymore, I wish I could have more time for him to offer. I am envious of your group there... the kids are lovely!

Michelle said...

Hi Sheng,

Thank you for dropping by…

The truth is my family is just starting to be active in our church again just this year. In fact, this is our first time to join their yearly outing. We started our commitment first by attending the Sunday service regularly (we still don’t participate in different ministries) because we want to make sure that we’re not going to be the ‘palitaw’ that we used to be.

I hope you could bring back the passion in serving the Lord too.

God bless you and your family.

Heart of Rachel said...

Everyone looks so happy. I could tell it was a fun outing. It's nice that you have a close relationship with your church mates.

You have a lovely family.

Michelle said...

Hi Rachel,

Yes we have a close and harmonious relationship with each member because our mission pastor sees to it that gossip won’t take place in our group. Because it's one of the many factor that cause misunderstanding and divisions inside the church.

Search the web...