Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Words for the Day

I’m still in the lazy mode today but I received a text from our mission pastor (Pastor Bong) that says:

A primary qualification for triumphantly and successfully serving God is our sense of weakness. Ponder on this scripture and be blessed by it.

Let us read the verse he gave for us to muse.

2 Cor 12:9 (KJV):“And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”


My understanding in the given verse is that somewhat our weakness is a gift from God because through that weakness we are able to realize that we need Him. Thus, I come to a realization that the weaker we are, the stronger our faith to the Lord because of Jesus Christ’ strength that He shares with us.

I may not be a chatty person. I may not have the courage to talk and express myself in front of many people. But in spite of that weakness I can reach thousands of people through my writings. And this is my way of serving the Lord, to spread the word of God through writings.

How about you? What is your weakness and how God made you strong through that imperfection?

No comments:

Search the web...